Saturday, April 4, 2020

Be a force today

This statement appears in the middle of a verse that speaks of Allah sending his tranquility to prophet Muhammad and his companion, Abu Bakr, who were in a cave taking refuge. (Chapter 9, verse 40)

This particular line has always called me to question, “How am I a force of God?” Allah appoints whomever and whatever He wills to fulfill His commands, whether it be humans, insects, angels, or forces of nature around us. The circumstances that exist in our midst are a function of Divine will and intervention, not a matter of chance or “coincidence.” Everything we see in nature is appointed by God, and not just a mere accident.

Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “God has appointed a group of His servants to fulfill the needs of people. People rush to these servants when in need.” To these people who God appoints to leave groceries at my doorstep, knowing I am not leaving my house to protect my vent-dependent toddler in light of COVID19, I have no doubt they are forces of God working to benefit the world around them, even amidst this darkness. 

How were you a useful force of God today? 

#God #COVID19 #Lovethyneighbor #hope #Quran  

No comments:

Post a Comment