Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Spreading of mercy

Here I am waiting for the sun to finally rise, waiting for the rain to finally pour and remove the drought within. I’m coming to you God with full brokenness. This is me, this is who I am. I’m in need and I’m at your door begging for your help. I’m down so pick me up. I’m poor so enrich me. I’m unfulfilled so fulfill me. I’m alone so give me company. I’m exposed so cover me. I’m hopeless so give me hope.

It’s at this point in my thoughts that I hear the Quran reciter on TV recite a verse I’m familiar with, but today it struck a major chord with me.

وَهُوَ الَّذِي يُنَزِّلُ الْغَيْثَ مِن بَعْدِ مَا قَنَطُوا وَيَنشُرُ رَحْمَتَهُ وَهُوَ الْوَلِيُّ الْحَمِيدُ
“And He is the one who sends down the rain after they lost all hope for it, and He spreads His mercy far and wide, and He is the One to rely on, the One worthy of praise.”

This verse this morning was like a sudden breeze in a time of extreme heat. I’m reminded that in my brokenness is hope. In my loss of that hope is a spreading of His immense mercy, for He alone is the best One to rely on. At the end of the day, who but He can send down the rain? 

No comments:

Post a Comment