Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Changes in nature

While driving slowly on the hwy in the middle of a severe thunderstorm, I was reminded of the last day, the Day of Judgement. It was a scary moment driving through the rough weather, even though I wasn't alone and just 5 minutes from my destination. God's sudden drastic changes in weather give us a snapshot of what is yet to come. Yet on the Day of Judgement, we are alone and we will not know how much longer we have to reach our destination. In fact, we won't know what our destination is. Just as the clear sunny day changed in an instant today, God has the power to change our hearts in a split-second. This brings me to a supplication my sister once advised me to always remember: 
يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك
Oh turner of hearts, make my heart hold firm to Your way of life. 
Thank you God for the signs you give us in nature that remind us Who is in control of our affairs. We submit our matters to You and to You alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment